POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more Portrait of Autumn - fixed leaves : Re: more Portrait of Autumn - fixed leaves Server Time
14 Aug 2024 18:03:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more Portrait of Autumn - fixed leaves
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 16 Sep 2002 04:29:29
Message: <3d859669@news.povray.org>
J. Diehl wrote:
> The leaves seem to be a bit too flat and uniform. What about half or rolled
> ones? Yes, I know it's difficult, but that's what an eye expects. And some
> leaves on the plates?

More meshes mean more RAM and parsing time. You'll want to get in touch
with Tim Nikias so you can pitch in for that shiny new computer he's
sending me. ;)

> I would play with some fog/ground fog.

If I find any, I'll ship it to you for a small fee.

But seriously.. why would there be fog? It's late afternoon. And at this
angle, it wouldn't really have a beneficial effect on the scene.

-Xplo